Quote of the Week 378 - Core Teaching of Buddhism
The core teaching of Buddhism is to help people become less self-centered and learn how to give love to others.
--Lama Surya Dass, as quoted in Spirituality and Health magazine, September/October 2017 issue
Meditation (Click your selection, scroll down to view it)
- Audio Link: A Foundation for a Fruitful Meditation Practice: Science of Breath/Pranayama/Relaxation - Theory and Practice
- Meditation Basics - Expanded Version
- Meditation Basics - Condensed Version
- Mantra Meditation Basics
- Nada Meditation - Anahata/The Unstruck Sound
- Jewish Yoga Meditation
- Hebrew Mantras
- Hebrew Mantras, Part Two
- Hebrew Mantras, Part Three
- Hebrew Mantras - Adonai Hineni
- Healing Meditation: Ruach El Shaddai/Breath of Balance
- Meditating, Eating and Sleeping
- Shortcuts to Spiritual Development?
- Audio Link: Guided Meditation - I Am and Empty Shell, Therefore I Am Full; A Meditation on Emptiness and Dark Luminescence Based on the Opening Lines of Genesis
- Guided Meditation: The Stage
- Guided Meditation: I Am an Empty Shell, Therefore I Am Full; A Meditation on Emptiness and Dark Luminescence Based on the Opening Lines of Genesis
- Guided Meditation: The Rod, The Staff, and The Star
- Torah-Veda Meditation Class Site
- Interspiritual Contemplative Group
Friday, July 4, 2008
Quotes of the Week 54 - God is Love
Far beyond all thought and death, no matter how smart, lies the magnificent conquering energy that one sees in even the smallest of babes and feels in the body’s very cells and heart: LOVE.
I believe that true love is that which overflows at home to spill out to others in the world.
God is the center of love, and a cruel fire, too. We are not prepared to accept that other aspect of God.
What do you do? I pick up the blossoms dropped by night. I listen to the whispers of silence. I contemplate on the vast void within. I babble Her name in each breath of my life. I revere the beauty of Her radiant face. When sun comes out of bed, I retire. I enter the depths of void and bathe in the eternal fire. Through the clouds of joy, the wingless bird of my spirit soars higher and higher. I am in love and fused beyond desire. That is what I do.
The mere existence of anything is an astonishment without a cause.
Once you identify yourself with universal consciousness, you will experience oneness with all and find great delight in witnessing changes taking place in the external world as well as in yourself. Your fear of death, decay, and destruction vanishes. You become fearless. Because of this fearlessness, you love all and reject none, for you know that everyone and everything in the universe is simply an elaboration of yourself. In this state of realization, love alone is your spontaneous expression because that has become your nature.
-- All sources unknown