Quote of the Week 378 - Core Teaching of Buddhism
The core teaching of Buddhism is to help people become less self-centered and learn how to give love to others.
--Lama Surya Dass, as quoted in Spirituality and Health magazine, September/October 2017 issue
Meditation (Click your selection, scroll down to view it)
- Audio Link: A Foundation for a Fruitful Meditation Practice: Science of Breath/Pranayama/Relaxation - Theory and Practice
- Meditation Basics - Expanded Version
- Meditation Basics - Condensed Version
- Mantra Meditation Basics
- Nada Meditation - Anahata/The Unstruck Sound
- Jewish Yoga Meditation
- Hebrew Mantras
- Hebrew Mantras, Part Two
- Hebrew Mantras, Part Three
- Hebrew Mantras - Adonai Hineni
- Healing Meditation: Ruach El Shaddai/Breath of Balance
- Meditating, Eating and Sleeping
- Shortcuts to Spiritual Development?
- Audio Link: Guided Meditation - I Am and Empty Shell, Therefore I Am Full; A Meditation on Emptiness and Dark Luminescence Based on the Opening Lines of Genesis
- Guided Meditation: The Stage
- Guided Meditation: I Am an Empty Shell, Therefore I Am Full; A Meditation on Emptiness and Dark Luminescence Based on the Opening Lines of Genesis
- Guided Meditation: The Rod, The Staff, and The Star
- Torah-Veda Meditation Class Site
- Interspiritual Contemplative Group
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Quote of the Week 89 - Israelity.com
--From Israelity.com blog, 04/23/09
Note: I continue to make inroads on the international scene! The phrase “other theologians” in the above quote links to my amazon.com book page! Also, I was recently contacted by a writer for the English version of Haaretz, a leading Israeli newspaper, who was researching yoga and Judaism due to a yoga studio opening in Jerusalem. He quoted me in his article, and the article was picked up by another Israeli web site called Vos Is Neias. You can find the Haaretz article at www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1074339.html under the title “Kosher-style yoga” which was published on 04/03/09 and the Vos Iz Neias article at www.vosizneias.com, under the title “Jerusalem – Kosher-Style Yoga for Observant Jews Kept Very Pareve” which was published on 03/26/09.
I have also been contacted by a freelance writer for The Forward, who is conducting research for a potential article on yoga and Judaism.
The beat goes on.