Monday, October 27, 2014
Elijah the Prophet Presentation Sunday, Nov. 2, 11 AM, Vedanta Center of Atlanta
I will be making the following presentation at the Vedanta Center of Atlanta on Sunday, November 2, 2014. The program begins with 30 minutes of meditation starting at 10:30 AM. My presentation will begin at 11 AM and last for one hour. There is a little meet and greet coffee session afterwards. The public is welcome, there is no charge (although donations are accepted, but no plate is passed around) and no reservations are needed. The Vedanta Center of Atlanta is located at 2331 Brockett Road, Tucker, GA 30084; 770-938-6673. It is at the corner of Adrian and Brockett, one block from LaVista.
Elijah the Prophet (and Enoch, Phinehas, Elisha and the Archangels Metatron and Sandalphon). Who was/is Elijah the Prophet, Eliyahu Hanavi, whose story is contained in the Jewish Bible? Where did he come from, what did he do, and where did he go? The Jewish Bible and supplemental sources weave an interesting story-line about Elijah and his co-horts/alter-egos/incarnations. Included are swashbuckling tales mixed with displays of extraordinary yogic-like powers and underlying mystical and spiritual lessons. Come hear about this hero/these heroes of old and ponder what his/their stories may mean for us today.
Date: November 2, 2014
Time: 11 AM (preceded by 30 minutes of meditation starting at 10:30 AM)
Location: Vedanta Center of Atlanta; 2331 Brocket Road, Tucker, GA 30084; 770-938-6673. (Corner of Adrian and Brockett, one block from LaVista.)
Cost: Free. Donations accepted, no reservations needed. Open to the public.
Steven J. Gold, BA Antioch College, Philosophy and Religion; JD Emory Law School, is the founder/director of the Yoga and Judaism Center in Atlanta, GA. He has been a student, practitioner and teacher of spiritual self-realization and its related philosophy and psychology for over forty years, including yoga, Vedanta, kabala and eastern and western mysticism. He is an initiate and practitioner in the Tradition of the Himalayan Masters, as propagated in the West by the late Sri Swami Rama of the Himalayas. He is the author of Yoga and Judaism, Explorations of a Jewish Yogi; IVRI, The Essence of Hebrew Spirituality, 21st Century Perspectives on an Ancient Tradition; Torah Portion Summaries, With Insights from the Perspective of a Jewish Yogi; Basic Spiritual Principles, Writings of the Dawn, The Spiritual Journey of a Baby-Boomer, and The Book About Always Being At Home (spiritual children’s book).
Meditation (Click your selection, scroll down to view it)
- Audio Link: A Foundation for a Fruitful Meditation Practice: Science of Breath/Pranayama/Relaxation - Theory and Practice
- Meditation Basics - Expanded Version
- Meditation Basics - Condensed Version
- Mantra Meditation Basics
- Nada Meditation - Anahata/The Unstruck Sound
- Jewish Yoga Meditation
- Hebrew Mantras
- Hebrew Mantras, Part Two
- Hebrew Mantras, Part Three
- Hebrew Mantras - Adonai Hineni
- Healing Meditation: Ruach El Shaddai/Breath of Balance
- Meditating, Eating and Sleeping
- Shortcuts to Spiritual Development?
- Audio Link: Guided Meditation - I Am and Empty Shell, Therefore I Am Full; A Meditation on Emptiness and Dark Luminescence Based on the Opening Lines of Genesis
- Guided Meditation: The Stage
- Guided Meditation: I Am an Empty Shell, Therefore I Am Full; A Meditation on Emptiness and Dark Luminescence Based on the Opening Lines of Genesis
- Guided Meditation: The Rod, The Staff, and The Star
- Torah-Veda Meditation Class Site
- Interspiritual Contemplative Group